View Single Post
Old August 23 2013, 05:32 AM   #280
Captain_Q
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back?

I grew up with the prime timeline so of course I'm biased. But I'm not sure if I'm not really liking the new timeline because I'm not a fan of Abrams or what. To me in order to be a true fan of Star Trek you have to have seen thee old movies and at least one series. This new stuff isn't true Trek to me. Now I just want to clarify that I'm only 21, so technically I'm one of these younger fans that they're trying to rope in. I'm just really glad that I grew up with TNG and got to experience that before the new stuff came out.
As far as merchandise goes, dear Lord I wish I was rich and could buy all of this awesome old school stuff. Over the weekend I bought my first "old Trek" item, a record with an included comic, I just think it's so cool. I want Enterprise models and the action figures of all my favorite characters. And screw the original packaging. I'm gonna take those suckers out and play with them! Because that's what they were made for!