View Single Post
Old August 23 2013, 04:09 AM   #652
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Theophilus wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I don't understand why people can so easily accept Lex Luthor as a credible threat to Superman but then are so incredulous at the idea that Batman can play a useful role in a team-up film. They're both depicted as geniuses who use their intellect and the technological/logistical resources afforded by their wealth to excel in a world of superpowered beings, and Batman has the additional assets of personal drive and extensive training on top of that. If you can accept Luthor as a viable bad guy in Superman's universe, then you should be able to accept Batman as a viable good guy.
It's the bat suit that bothers me.

Superman being an alien wearing a cape doesn't bother me. Lex Luthor being a genius that finds a way to be an enemy to Superman doesn't bother me. Bruce Wayne using his resources to help Superman doesn't bother me. Bruce Wayne dressing up like a bat to help Superman save the world bothers me. Batman works all dressed up in Gotham, striking terror in the heart of his enemies and such. Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent work. Superman and Batman is strange.

I can hear General Zod say : "Why is that human dressed like a bat?"
They have bats on Krypton?

They've been teaming in comics and on TV for decades. We just had movie where a guy in a hi-tech suit of armor, an alien/god with a hammer, a scientist turned monster and super soldier from the 40s teamed up with great results and there's a problem with Batman and Superman?
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote