View Single Post
Old August 23 2013, 03:11 AM   #92
Lieut. Arex
Fleet Captain

Re: Barnes & Noble Reducing Orders of New Trek Books?

Sxottlan wrote: View Post
Kopernikus wrote: View Post
Here in Germany, when I go into a bookshop and they don't have the title I'm looking for.. ..I ask one of the employees and they simply order it for me and I can usually pick it up within 24 hours.
I called the Barnes & Noble back tonight and asked if I could order a copy of Devil's Bargain for pick-up. I was refused. The employee told me the store computer system did not give her that option. I did not ask, but I assumed it had to do with this feud with Simon & Schuster.

All she could do was order it for home delivery. When I asked when the next copy would be in, she did not know. I was told to call back in a couple days. Useless.
Bookseller fail they can do a ship to store order you pay for it over the phone the distribution center ships it to the store and you come pick it up we did it all the time at the store where I used to work

Sxottlan wrote: View Post
I figured I would just go to Amazon tonight to, I kid you not, buy my first book off the internet. I dissemble a little bit. I've bought CDs and blu-rays off of Amazon before, but never an actual book.

The S&H brought the total to nearly $13, an extra five dollars for a book that I wasn't even really excited for. No thanks.

So I guess I'll just wait and keep calling B&N and reserve it once it actually gets in.
Lieut. Arex is offline   Reply With Quote