View Single Post
Old August 23 2013, 01:07 AM   #174
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: THE WOLVERINE - Reviews and Discussion Thread

JD wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post
I would like them do the "Old Man Logan" storyline as a movie one day.
I'd heard of the story before, but never a detailed synopsis. I read the first couple paragraphs there, and that sounds insane. Not sure if if I would enjoy based solely of the Wikipedia page, but it definitely sounds crazy.
Yeah. "Insane" is certainly the word.

"Logan needs money to pay rent to the landlords of this territory: the hillbilly grandchildren of the Hulk, who are products of years of incestuous procreation originating with Banner and his first cousin She-Hulk."

OR

"...a Venom symbiote-infused dinosaur..."

OR

Apart from the insanity of the storyline and the assorted licensing issues, I don't think you could make a movie about that without completely breaking the movie continuity of the X-Men universe.

inflatabledalek wrote: View Post
Jean being in there was just pure fan service rather than anything to do with the film. Though I suppose it's interesting he didn't think Scott would be in "Heaven" with her...
Because Scott Summers is still alive somewhere!!!!!!

But, on the other hand, all the stunts and fights were well done, there's a nice Bond joke, the performances were solid (props to the lady playing Viper for doing a lot with an anaemically written part) and it's probably the most lush looking of all the X-Films. It's amazing how much more expensive something can look just by setting it in a country the series doesn't normally visit.
Agreed. Japan looked gorgeous!

Oh, and though it didn't hit me as a more casual fan until it was pointed out, isn't Logan supposed to be an amnesiac with no idea of his past? So he shouldn't have a clue what he was up to in World War II?
Doh! I can't believe I didn't think of that on my own!

Tosk wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Didn't Captain Picard help him remember his past?
He couldn't get everything, just bits. The most he could do was lead Logan to Alkali lake leading to the events of X2 where Logan didn't seem to have much more than a faint recollection of Stryker or the room where the adamantium was pumped into his flesh and somehow formed a skeletal structure and sharp knife-like claws.
That's what he helped dredge up the first time. Who knows how much further he dug between X2 and X3?
Although, it was also implied during one of the scenes between Xavier & Magneto in X2 that Xavier knew significantly more about Logan's past than he was letting on and was deliberately hiding it from Logan because he's a manipulative bastard that way.