View Single Post
Old August 22 2013, 11:55 PM   #48
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

Re: Moffat Talks 13th, sorry, 12th Doctor

StCoop wrote: View Post
More from Moffat: ďOne of the horrors of regeneration is that a certain amount of his persona alters entirely. His appetites and his enthusiasms will change. And thatís sort of what Iím writing about now in Mattís last episode, the fact that heís terribly aware that heís about to be rewritten. And itís frightening.Ē

So basically he's taking Tennant's last line and turning it into an entire episode. Given how much froathing at the mouth and nerd rage those five words provoked, mostly from people who like to go on about how much better Moffat is than Davies, I wonder what the reaction will be like this time...
*shrug* I liked Tennant's last line, myself.

The Doctor is a changeable individual just like anyone. Who on earth is peppy 100% of the time? I have no issue with them exploring different parts of his personality and different moods. Partly because I've learned by now that on Doctor Who, they often talk in big ways but the end product is more "safe" and conventional than you'd first think. So when I read what Moffat is saying about the 12th Doctor, I'm thinking he'll be a combination of Pertwee and Tennant and Eccleston. At first he'll be gruff towards Clara but she'll change his mind, and all will be fine within 3 episodes and we'll go merrily along.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote