View Single Post
Old August 22 2013, 06:43 PM   #963
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: Starship Size Argument™ thread

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
And please, please explain to me how the bridge, atrium, shuttlebay and engine rooms are supposed to fit into a 366m ship. I asked you this before and you never replied.
Read my post immediately above this. Unlike some on this board, I have the ability to change my mind and decide that the length could be different than I previously thought. I'm willing to go to 400-450m. But 700+ is simply inane.
Although 725m is the perfect fit for the bridge and atrium. Any smaller and the rooms overlap. Doesn't that alone preclude the ship being any smaller?
For those who think the ship is really 700m long, take a walk that distance so that you can see the beginning and end points. Then look at how much space that would give. Then imagine you had to run/climb that distance because the power was out and turbolifts were inoperative. etc...
Just over a third of the Enterprise's length is her nacelles. Kirk and Scotty ran from the atrium in the saucer centre to engineering, which is behind the huge shuttlebay. I'd guess a 400m trek, tops?