View Single Post
Old August 22 2013, 03:48 PM   #36
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Re: Moffat Talks 13th, sorry, 12th Doctor

Starkers wrote: View Post
Iím amused that Moffat makes specific reference to Tom, yet people are seeing Colin in the description.
The emphasis on being difficult, particulary on the companion, doesn't sound like Tom at all, that's definitely more Colin.

For me the trouble with Six is not that he wasnít like the other Doctors, it was that he seemed to take all the somewhat negative aspects of them and dial it up to 11 with no real redeeming features.
I agree with that, particularly at the beginning. I did rewatch all of Colin's stories lately, and I found them better than I remembered. However, for the most part, they still weren't top notch Doctor Who. But, my appreciation for Colin's Doctor did increase.

I just don't think we need to revisit that style. Moffat can make 12 "difficult," but he still needs other obvious redeeming characteristics that offset it.

Given Capaldiís era as a fan I can see him being more like Pertwee than Colin. Much as I love Smith I am looking forward to a different direction.
I hope you're right. If you are, it'll all be good! And, agree about the need for changed. Loved Smith, but a very different type of Doctor about now would be perfect.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote