View Single Post
Old August 22 2013, 10:18 AM   #946
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai
Re: Starship Size Argument™ thread

Gonzo wrote: View Post
The bright horizontal centre line looks exactly like what's left of a deck divider
I see that part you're talking about, but it appears to be twisted debris sticking into the corridor. It extends out into the dark and bends upwards to join the other bits of hull.

or exit from a double height deck observation area.
There's no evidence that such an observation deck or juncture exists on this Enterprise. What we see is constant with the single-deck set used throughout the rest of the film.

Nothing you have said changes the fact that the ship is 725 meters long, why bang on about it, I can understand if you don't like it but its tough.
I like the larger size quite a bit, actually. And I'm not disputing that the preponderance of data supports the 725 meter size. What I am pointing out is that ILM was not constant about it throughout the film. I've lurked this thread since the beginning, and it's annoying watching people be ideologues about that fact.

This shot is worth revisiting because it got discussed earlier in the thread with bootleg footage; now we have a clear copy and can take another look. It's clear that, contrary to earlier analysis, in this scene the saucer is two to three decks tall.