View Single Post
Old August 21 2013, 11:02 PM   #105
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Oberth Class the missing link between Enterprise and Reliant

^^ I'm starting to realize that "The misunderstood ships of Star Trek?" might have been the better thread title.

Dukhat wrote: View Post
In the case of the actual studio model versus a featureless side view wall sculpture, the studio model obviously overwrites it, and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone other than yourself who would disagree with that logic.
While obviously featureless the golden wall sculpture reveals the essence, the distinctive sleek lines and beautiful proportions that set Andrew Probert's Enterprise-C apart from the VFX model that appeared
  • literally out of nowhere and
  • exclusively in(side) an alternate (!) TNG reality (One could wonder whether the true Enterprise-C in the "real" timeline really looked like that VFX model).
I'd dare to say that the Enterprise-C wall sculpture in amount of total TNG screen time had more exposure (as a part of the conference lounge) than the new Ambassador Class VFX model during the entire run of TNG.

Bob

@ Praetor

Concerning the size comparison chart you provided in post # 99, I think there's bigger fish to fry than just the overall length figures of the Excelsior...notice the second starship from the top. I think some people would like to see this erased and overwritten...

Last edited by Robert Comsol; August 21 2013 at 11:16 PM.
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote