View Single Post
Old August 21 2013, 07:55 PM   #160
The Baby Stig
Rear Admiral

Re: The STAR TREK Movies, As Ranked By STAR TREK Con-Goers

Noname Given wrote: View Post
Agenda wrote: View Post
13. Into Darkness
Don't know if I'd rate it last, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not a fan. Thought I was going crazy there for a minute. Look, people can dismiss this as a general hatred of nuTrek all they like, but the fact that the first Abrams movie did much better in the rankings should tell you something.
What should it tell you? That Star trek fans who grew up watching the TNG era don't really like the different aesthetics of TOS, and think any new Star Trek should have the TNG 'We're always right/Rarely fight' aspect?

STiD was truer to the original 'Star Trek' (You remember that version of Star Trek - without which TNG, DS9, et al would have existed); then even the majority of TOS films. It's 'more' Trek (IMO) then anything done in the TNG era.
Absolutely. JJ-Trek is very much derived from the source material and has (rightly, to my mind) ignored the 'evolved humanity' bullshit that pervaded TNG-Trek. TOS was conceived as an action-adventure series set in space and the JJ films fit into that concept quite nicely. I'm continually shocked at just how faithful they are to TOS, actually. Say what you will about plotholes and weird science errors, these movies are like a blast from the past: a sixties sensibility done with modern pacing and effects.

All we know is, he's The Baby Stig.
The Baby Stig is offline   Reply With Quote