View Single Post
Old August 20 2013, 04:27 PM   #204
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back?

Timewalker wrote: View Post

Which is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. And if you ever happen to write a nuTrek novel, I won't be buying it. You're an excellent author and I enjoy your work, but only to the point where you're writing in a universe I find enjoyable.

(and for the people who will promptly yell at me for "threatening" to not buy Greg Cox's books... don't bother. It's not a threat and not a tantrum - just a comment)

Thanks for the kind words! And don't worry. I hardly expect everyone to buy all of my books, regardless of the series or subject matter. (I've learned from hard experience that you cannot give XENA books away at a TREK convention--and vise versa.) And I don't expect DS9 fans to buy my TOS books just because my name is on it.There are lots of different flavors of Trek these days and not everybody is going to like Rocky Road.

Getting back to Spock and Uhura, I don't recall them hanging all over each other and playing kissyface on the bridge. There was one tender kiss, when Spock was "emotionally compromised," and that was it as far as PDAs are concerned. It's not like they're making out in the rec room or something.

"Geez, get a room!"