View Single Post
Old August 19 2013, 10:15 PM   #83
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Oberth Class the missing link between Enterprise and Reliant

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Praetor wrote: View Post
Why are we talking about the Daedalus anyway? - Why are we talking about the Ambassador anyway?
Regarding the Grissom's possible saucer module landing capability I elaborated on that capability of the Daedalus Class in a pre-TOS context, Dukhat found fault with this insisting the depiction of the Daedalus Class was conjectural. It seemed necessary to to discuss the canon value of desktop models and wall sculptues depicted in the series...oh well, one thing let to another.
Ah, yes. Derp. I was mostly teasing, no ill-will meant. I honestly had lost track why we were discussing it.

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
But since you brought this up:
  • why are we not talking about the windows or portholes of the USS Grissom? You wanted to elaborate on this but just provided a cross section which doesn't tell too us too much about possible deck heights and whether the portholes are overhead, at 6' height or cabin (sitting) level?
  • why we are not talking about what other functions (exhaust nozzle?) the tail of the Grissom's engineering pod could be good for?
Ouch.

Okay okay, I'm slack. I'll see what I can work up this evening regarding the windows. As for the nozzle... erm... auxiliary impulse engine?

Can we all at least agree now that she's a mid-size Federation (Starfleet) science vessel?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote