View Single Post
Old August 19 2013, 07:00 PM   #151
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Anna Gunn was on and she talked about what was going through Skyler's mind in the diner as well as what makes Walt a sympathetic character. Basically, Skyler went to the diner thinking she would be arrested and as Hank was talking, she started calculating and decided she needed to keep quiet and get out, so she created a scene. And here I thought she really was frazzled. And as for what makes Walt someone to root for, she says that he represents the guy who's been kicked around by people and life and wants to rise up and empower themself. She confirmed something I've been saying all along. It was never about the cancer and saving his family. Not really.
Yeah I have to admit I was kinda frustrated with her reaction at first, because Hank seemed to be offering her such a great lifeline. He was fully on her side and would have bought pretty much any version of events that she gave. If she said she played along only out of fear for her life and family, he would have believed it.

But now I realize she was probably right to keep quiet. Because if Hank gets taken off the case, or someone else higher up the chain decides that Skyler was too heavily involved, then she would have completely implicated herself by that point.

And she can't be sure what evidence is even out there. There's a lot of stuff Walt hasn't told her, and a lot of stuff that could make her involvement look really, really bad.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote