View Single Post
Old August 19 2013, 11:42 AM   #40
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Starting Breaking Bad (NO SPOILERS!)

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I'm on 4X1 now. I think my favorite character is the Gus the polite professional drug lord. He's the kind of character I wanted Walt to be. Someone who used intellect and professionalism to run a responsible drug business. Someone who seeks to avoid violence and actually tries to peacefully resolve conflicts. Oh well.
So because Gus has people to do the killing for him, that makes him a peaceful, respectable man? He sent the cousins after Hank, he sent Mike to kill the surviving cousin in hospital, he set up members of the Cartel to be killed by Mexican authorities, he sent Mike to kill the Cartel guys in the season 3 finale, and he probably ordered the murder of Andrea's brother. Then there's all the deaths he's responsible for in the coming seasons. I don't know for certain, but I believe Gus's body-count exceeds Walt's.

Gus is soulless. He's a wolf in a respectable fried-chicken merchant's clothing. He's just better at concealing his pride than Walt, and is playing a much longer game. He's an excellent character, persuasive at times, but absolutely a monster.