View Single Post
Old August 17 2013, 07:18 PM   #111
Ktrek
Captain

Re: New Book about TOS: These Are The Voyages

Marc Cushman spent many years on this book. Long before Startrekhistory.com even existed. StarTrekhistory.com has yet to even prove that they are the rightful owners of the pictures, which they are not, and restoring of a picture does not give you any legal rights to said picture. If anyone owns a picture it is the "photographer". I am in the photo business and am very aware of copyright and what can and cannot be done. Star Trekhistory.com has no legal claim to any of the pictures used in the book. Most of the pictures used come from the private collection of Gurian. Now the original source of those pictures happens to be the same source that StarTrekhistory.com aquired their pictures.

I think it's funny how this whole argument has developed over pictures that are readily available anywhere on the net many time over and not the text of the book. The published text is what is important in this book and Cushman provides a bibliography of his sources at the back.

And to those of you throwing your accusatory stones out there have you ever downloaded anything off the web? Do you have downloaded copies of Star Trek episodes on your computer? or pictures? sound bytes? or anything Star Trek that you have not paid for? If so then quit your hypocrisy and clean up your own act before you go around making such damning claims. I bet everyone of you have illegal content in your possession! Probably did not think a thing about half the Trek stuff you bought at conventions that was "technically" illegal and yet you balk at a few measly, poorly reproduced, pictures in a book you have not ever seen or read. So in my humble opinion you have no opinion worth the effort it took for us to read it.

Kevin

Last edited by T'Devilish; January 13 2014 at 11:59 PM.