Thread: Feline Follies
View Single Post
Old August 17 2013, 06:49 PM   #1158
publiusr
Commodore

Re: Feline Follies

My Dad used to call cats like Tulla "peanut butter cats" because it looked like they had their head stuck in a peanut butter jar.

My Dad was an amazing man. He never finished high school, but could fix anything.

Once we had a little grey cat that was playing with another sitting in the seat of a wooden chair. He was sticking his paw up between slats to one side, by the frame if you will--and got it stuck.

It became frightened and started doing flips--and broke its forelimb.

My Dad didn't take it to the vet. Once, I had gotten my pinky caught in a door near the hinges, and required a splint. He saved that splint for years, and used that, two popsickle sticks and white medical tape to fashion a cast of sorts.

That little cat let him set that leg. I couldn't believe it at the time, but he did it.

The cat got full use of that limb.

The saddest thing was that, a year or two later, it got sick. Well my Dad couldn't do anything about that, so he took Tom to the vet. Before he could even the door open, a kid who looked "a bit slow" walked up to the window and spooked him. That cat clawed my Dad, jumped out of the car, and was never seen again.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote