View Single Post
Old August 16 2013, 07:29 PM   #29
Supreme Dittodrone
Vice Admiral

Re: President Bacco's Future (Spoilers)

Sci wrote: View Post
Really, the only thing I'd ever object to with Bacco are her actions in Zero Sum Game.
Yeah? What was wrong with that?

I seriously doubt Section 31 has the capacity to implement election fraud on this scale. You're talking about trying to rig an election being held on 150-some-odd planets and God-knows how many colonies, ships, and space stations. It's just too large to pull off -- especially if Section 31 wants to keep itself secret.
1) I was merely responding to the other poster's idea of a "Section 31 presidency" candidate. My argument was only that they would be more likely to support her than some new person. I'd say she's proven her willingness to "do what is necessary".

2) No one was talking about rigging the whole election. There are more than one way to ensure Bacco would win--blackmail of the candidate, flat-out leaks to the press...

I can think of a couple of different scenarios for an anti-Bacco candidate, but they all cross into story idea territory.
Perhaps some spoiler tags are in order...?

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Supreme Dittodrone is offline   Reply With Quote