View Single Post
Old August 16 2013, 09:17 AM   #303
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: VOTE FOR MY AVATAR IN THE SECRET AVATAR XXX COMP AND RECEIVE SPECIAL FAVOURS!
Re: Better if they had allowed main cast to die?

I had absolutely no opinion of Carey until he died, then I felt terrible for him because he was almost home.

I had this great idea today on the train. I'm thinking we could have the main 5 all be headcases! Other than the Captain.

Janeway: Gets to be the guiding, shepherding, mothering, seducing, ass kicking leader of the headcases.

Vorik: He would end up the Barclay of VOY (yes, we would have two..), he'd be all neurotic and alternately sweet and creepy and just when you wanted to stuff him in a locker he'd reveal something about himself and you'd understand. Repeat.

7: Social problems, humanity problems, arrogant, adversarial.

EMH: Ego, ego and ego and need for attention, also gets to play shrink to the headcases which irritates them and helps them in equal measure. Of course he does not realize he is also a headcase.

Tal Celes: Insecure and in over her head, sympathy character who takes the brunt of 7's caustic comments, Vorik's fumbling adolescence and the EMH's self-improvement seminars. Somewhat ignored by Janeway as she presents no challenge.

It's VOYAGER: The Breakfast Club

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote