View Single Post
Old August 16 2013, 03:52 AM   #42
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Re: Doctor Who from the start (by a n00b)

Green Lantern wrote: View Post
I like both origins, but I probably enjoyed Genisis more than The Daleks. But I haven't seen either of them in years, probably before Matt Smith even became the Doctor.

But one thing which always confused me about the daleks origins is does Genisis basically retcon or reboot the dead planet, or does something the timelords do create an alternate timeline? Or id the Davros saga just set before the dead planet, the when we see the dead planet, it's some time after Genisis?
Genesis of the Daleks, would obviously be before Dead Planet. However, The Time War means any number of Contradictions/Retcons can simultaneously exist, especially amongst Daleks and Gallifreyans. The Great Intelligence going into The Doctor's Time Stream and changing his victories to defeats, and then Clara jumping in and striking back and reclaiming those victories, IMHO, was a visual representation for us of The Time (Except Clara merely used defensive strikes aimed to set things back on course, both The Daleks and Time Lords would be making offensive strikes in each other's histories to hurt each other)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote