View Single Post
Old August 15 2013, 10:47 PM   #53
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Oberth Class the missing link between Enterprise and Reliant

B.J. wrote: View Post
Praetor wrote: View Post
Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
I assume Matt Jefferies didn't participate in the starship status chart (suggesting 97 starships of the 16th design). Maybe he pointed out it's wrong, but they didn't have the time or desire to fix it. Thus the meaning of the last two digits in JRS got a different meaning (changed premise) but there is no reason to assume that the meaning of the first two digits became automatically obsolete, too.
Therefore the first ship of a new class doesn't necessarily have to be "XX01". It can be "602", "2000" and for all we know NCC-1831 might have been the Miranda (class ship).
Okay now you've lost me. Why would they start at anything but 00?
Why not? They have unused numbers, why not put them to use. Defiant-class (NX-74205), case in point.
Right, sorry... I meant if we're using the Jefferies scheme where 00 is the prototype, 01 is the first etc.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote