View Single Post
Old August 15 2013, 04:44 AM   #4
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

I'd like to see a 25th-Century series featuring a new Enterprise-H. I don't mind a few occasional references to things that happened earlier (in the same way TNG occasionally referenced TOS once in a blue moon), but I definitely think it should be focused on the present.

Basically, I'd like its premise to take the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) approach and just feature a ship patrolling and exploring the edge of Federation space with a small but diverse group of main characters (no more than five, with extra reoccurring characters only when needed). I'd rather have new stories developed from the new situations and characters of this era. It should also reintroduce the concept of the occasional conflict from within.

Oh, and there probably should be some women in miniskirt uniforms & go-go boots; space battles, chases, & major fist fights when things periodically go south for our heroes; and bug-eyed, man-eating monsters now and then--just to keep things lively and to keep it from becoming too pretentious.