View Single Post
Old August 15 2013, 01:24 AM   #53
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: The STAR TREK Movies, As Ranked By STAR TREK Con-Goers

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
I don't think it's going to age well. When you think about it, there is nothing special whatsoever about it, besides the fact that the most pivotal events in this film are lifted from previous films. It's the most unoriginal of all the Trek films.

I don't think this film is going to be remembered well just because they have that cool super cool shot of the Enterprise rising out of the water.
We can't really tell if the movie will age well or not at this point, to make that judgment now would be more of an expression of one's opinion than anything of objective substance.

But about whether it is special or not, I view every Star Trek as special, even the ones I believe are sub par. But the idea that this Trek isn't special prove Comic's point, the fan base is reacting against this new Trek and prefers the old.
Again, I don't think we can make any sweeping generalization about what "the fan base" thinks. Less than a hundred disgruntled fans hardly speak for every Trekkie on Earth. There were probably more fans in line for the movie on your local multiplex on opening night.

Heck, I'll put my Trekkie credentials up against anyone who voted in that poll.