View Single Post
Old August 15 2013, 01:17 AM   #52
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

Re: The STAR TREK Movies, As Ranked By STAR TREK Con-Goers

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
I don't think it's going to age well. When you think about it, there is nothing special whatsoever about it, besides the fact that the most pivotal events in this film are lifted from previous films. It's the most unoriginal of all the Trek films.

I don't think this film is going to be remembered well just because they have that cool super cool shot of the Enterprise rising out of the water.
We can't really tell if the movie will age well or not at this point, to make that judgment now would be more of an expression of one's opinion than anything of objective substance.

But about whether it is special or not, I view every Star Trek as special, even the ones I believe are sub par. But the idea that this Trek isn't special prove Comic's point, the fan base is reacting against this new Trek and prefers the old.

And the assertion that Into Darkness "ripped off" any previous Star Trek movie is cynicism of the worst sort and not something I would expect from a group that claims to enjoy Star Trek.