View Single Post
Old August 14 2013, 08:42 PM   #49
Cinema Geekly
Lieutenant Commander

View Cinema Geekly's Twitter Profile
Re: The STAR TREK Movies, As Ranked By STAR TREK Con-Goers

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Cinema Geekly wrote: View Post
If people want to say they dislike it for using a moment from a previous movie in this new universe that is up to them for sure. But my experience has been what I posted about.
My question is why does it even matter?

I didn't like the last two Trek films. I could spent whole threads trying to generalize people who do like the films to psychologically reassure myself that my opinion is the proper one, or I can just have my opinion and let other people have theirs.

I didn't like the films. There are a lot of Trek fans, however, who do.

There. See how easy that is?

Life's too short to be bothered by people who don't like you're favorite movie.
I think the issue here is that perhaps you think my original post was aimed at you when it was not. Another poster said my thoughts summed up his thoughts and that was a reply to you.

I'm sure there are fans who simply didn't enjoy themselves. I'm sure you are one of them. I never said you were in that group of people.

But this is a discussion about "The STAR TREK Movies, As Ranked By STAR TREK Con-Goers" and my response was to the original post and my personal experience with many many people who have disliked the current film. Just adding my perspective to the conversation (which is what I thought this place was for).

I'm not bothered by them disliking a movie. I'm not bothered by an opinion being thrown in my face. I do get bothered if people want to have a debate but enter into it full of misinformation and/or half-truths.
Cinema Geekly is offline   Reply With Quote