View Single Post
Old August 14 2013, 03:57 PM   #46
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: The STAR TREK Movies, As Ranked By STAR TREK Con-Goers

Cinema Geekly wrote: View Post
If people want to say they dislike it for using a moment from a previous movie in this new universe that is up to them for sure. But my experience has been what I posted about.
My question is why does it even matter?

I didn't like the last two Trek films. I could spent whole threads trying to generalize people who do like the films to psychologically reassure myself that my opinion is the proper one, or I can just have my opinion and let other people have theirs.

I didn't like the films. There are a lot of Trek fans, however, who do.

There. See how easy that is?

Life's too short to be bothered by people who don't like you're favorite movie.
serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
poor man...am sure seeing how much people are voicing their hatred for this film he wont even consider been a producer for trek 3 talk less of been the director.
So no critiquing of the movies should be allowed? Really?

Anybody attacking Abrams personally, as someone who doesn't care about what he does, or as a hack... yeah, I see that as over the top and stupid. But critiquing the movies themselves? That's what we're supposed to do. It's entirely appropriate to do so. No one's entitled to release a film and have the audience only say nice things about it.