View Single Post
Old August 14 2013, 04:33 AM   #119
Captain_Q
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: When did the perception of Insurrection change?

Well Picard sings along with Data(best moment of my life), and the whole thing just feels like an episode, the way TNG used to feel. I can see the point of why some people don't like it, but I have learned to overlook the flaws in these movies and just not give a darn. Don't even get me started on the last two remakes, now those I can hate on but when I take a step back I admit that they're good movies. What I liked about Insurrection was that there wasn't a whole lot of violence, yes there's some fighting but it's not like blood and guts everywhere type of thing. It's a movie where I don't have to go shitshitshitshitshitshit someone's going to die soon! Yes there's the "needs of the many outway the needs of the few" thing, but this place had became this peoples' home even though they weren't native. I just appreciated Picard's view on the situation, as you can see in my signature one of my favorite quotes from the movie that basically sums up the point for me. As I'm typing this I realize it probably doesn't make any sense, but it's still my favorite Trek movie.