View Single Post
Old August 13 2013, 06:38 PM   #91
Christopher
Writer

Re: MYTHBUSTERS 10th Anniversary Season

This episode didn't do much for me, since I'm not familiar with Breaking Bad and it doesn't strike me as something I'd want to watch. (Can someone please parse the title for me? I can't make heads or tails of it.)

And in general I'm getting a bit tired of these cross-promotion episodes. I don't mind when they test myths from TV shows or movies, but actually having the producers or stars come on and say "Well, you busted my myth but it still works because weasel this and hedge that" gets kind of irritating. When the Mythbusters say it's busted, it's busted, dang it! And it's their show!

Mainly I'm surprised that the larger quantity of fulminate was able to blow apart the whole "house" they built. I would've thought that a bunch of chemical explosive just sitting there on the floor without containment wouldn't have been that powerful. But I guess a brick of C4 is able to do a great deal of damage without containment, so I guess I didn't think it through.

I was also surprised that Grant needed to build a whole new throwing robot. Whatever happened to the sword-swinging rig? Has it been modified and reused so many times that it finally failed?

The clip from the show didn't make any sense to me at all. The main character throws an explosive right at his own feet, it's powerful enough to blow out the windows, but he's completely unharmed? I don't need the Mythbusters to tell me that's nonsense.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote