View Single Post
Old August 13 2013, 05:19 PM   #26
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: U.S.S. Curry and other ships from DS9

CharlieZardoz wrote: View Post
Just putting this out there for general discussion. The excelsior kitbashes were never properly identified by class (Shelly, Raging Queen or Centaur types isn't really an official class name). Been wondering if anyone else thought these designs could/should have been other established classes in the Star Trek canon like the Hokule'a, Merced, or Mediterranean classes. I mean hey why not?
It is my personal belief that these kitbashes should not be equated with the conjectural classes simply because that was not the intention of the model builders, and also that I would rather classes like the Hokule'a, Renaissance and Merced be original designs instead of hastily constructed and out-of-scale kitbashes.

Praetor wrote: View Post
Man, that Trieste. I like her because of how fugly she is. I think. Some sort of surveillance/command ship would seem to fit her nicely, but then again Data said she was small and slow. Maybe a buoy tender or something like that?
Data actually meant that the Trieste was too slow to catch up to the hijacked Enterprise-D, not that she was a slow ship overall. Of course, why her small size would have anything to do with her speed is beyond me.