View Single Post
Old August 13 2013, 04:36 PM   #715
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Scotty wrote: View Post
Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Nero's Shadow wrote: View Post
Well I'm on the episode The Wounded still a good episode loved how the cardys wore them silly helmets !!! And also loved Data,s Day as well data,s face when he's having his dancing lessons priceless now still .

Well I'm going to skip Devils Due as its still awful now regardless of HD and 7.1 Sound.
Why? "Devil's Due" is just great fun with another classic Ron Jones score. It fits perfectly with "Who Watches the Watchers" and "Thine Own Self" in what I like to call a "False Beliefs" trilogy. Pure Roddenberry.
This. I adore Devil's Due, but I admit that I mostly love Ron Jones' fantastic score. But from all the TNG episodes of the Piller-Taylor era, I think this is one of the episodes that most resembles TOS.
It was interesting seeing another Star Trek: Phase Two script brought to the screen, but Ardra has to be the stupidest villain TNG ever gave us. If she had simply focused on taking over the planet through legal means, she might have gotten away with it, but then she starts screwing around with Picard and the Enterprise. Once she made the Enterprise "disappear," she pretty much sealed her own fate.