View Single Post
Old August 13 2013, 10:59 AM   #712
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I'm not sure if Remember Me is brilliant or Ridiculous. I mean there are some lines where I just roll the eyes, like Picard's "We've never needed a crew before" line. Still, maybe it was the high concept sci fi because it's a great episode and probably Gates McFadden's best show. I also loved seeing the spacedock in HD again, as I still think the one shown in 11001001 was a beautiful shot. As for the mist, nice job from Modern Video actually making it look like mist. Maybe the Enterprise itself is hard to remaster because of the model limitations, but I'm loving all the exterior shots and the like. I just wish there were more exterior shots, and I'm looking forward to Final Mission because of that.
There's a touch of "ridiculousness" there but Picard's actions (and the actions of everyone) inside Beverly's "warp-bubble universe" kind of have to be silly as Beverly's mind/universe tries to justify itself. It's not supposed to be "reality" it's like having a dream where things don't make sense but the dream keeps trying to make it make sense by coming up with silly ways to justify things.

Remember Me has a lot of brilliant moments in it I just love and some great lines ("If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe?")

I also love when Beverly nearly blue-screens the Enterprise computer by asking it why she's the only person on the ship if she doesn't qualify for the mission alone.