View Single Post
Old August 12 2013, 04:44 AM   #48
t_smitts
Commander

Re: MIRROR DARKLY-seven years old. Still hold up? Your thoughts.

TheSubCommander wrote: View Post
Push The Button wrote: View Post
It was nice to see a Constitution class starship in operation again, even under these circumstances.
Yes it was! And I think they did such a great job with Defiant that oddly the TOS remastered shot of the Enterprise don't look quite as well as the job they did in IAMD.

As for IAMD, this is still one of my all time favorite ENT episodes, and in fact, my all time Star Trek episodes. It definitely still holds up for me. The only 2 complaints I have with it are
1. they killed practically everyone off, so returning to that universe would only have featured Hoshi and Mayweather.
2. The CGI for the Gorn doesn't hold up well, and I always had an issue with it not being consistent with the Gorn from Arena. Granted it moved a lot better but just didn't look like the same species to me. Looked more like a Velociraptor.
1. Actually, if you listen to the producer commentary, they note that none of the main characters are definitively dead, because they wanted to ensure the possibility of revisiting the mirror universe later on. (Not sure how I feel about that, since DS9 definitely went to that particular well a few too many times).

2. I just assumed the Gorn Archer fought was in a bit better shape than the one Kirk fought. Kind of the Jason Statham of Gorn, if you will.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote