View Single Post
Old August 12 2013, 12:40 AM   #20
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: Oberth Class – the missing link between Enterprise and Reliant

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Is there really a good reason to "believe" that in Kirk's era the vessel exceeded an overall length of 395 feet?
I wasn't debating the size of the Enterprise. I was saying that I think the Oberth is larger than 120 meters, and my belief has nothing to do with that chart. As has been shown on multiple occasions (especially with the Bird of Prey), scale can change on a whim in Star Trek.

Yes, like the multi-talent Peter and the video game programmer Christian whose contributions to mankind will have outranked the accomplishments of Hermann, one of the three founding fathers (next to Tsiolkovsky and Goddard) of rocketry and astronautics, so Starfleet will name a class of vessels after Peter and Christian.
Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about, so I'm going to assume you're just being facetious here unless you tell me otherwise.

Sorry, I can't believe you are debating what is so obvious. You are certain you're not trying to find fault?
Since you didn't attribute any quotes from me for the above statement, for now I'm going to assume this is a blanket response about what I wrote about ILM. If so, then you and I have vastly different opinions about what constitutes "obvious." I'm sorry you don't like being challenged about your beliefs about the origin of the study model's name and ILM's motivations with STIII. But if you don't want criticism, then you shouldn't post things asking for people's opinions.