View Single Post
Old August 11 2013, 08:54 PM   #29
Bob The Skutter
Complete Arse Cleft

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Over.100 channels.and almost no scifi

jayceee wrote: View Post
Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Yep, I have a big DVD collection, which I'm starting to get rid of, but I think "I'll start watching (Buffy/X-Files/DS9) and then I start and before I get through much of it I think "I want to watch (Farscape/Battlestar Galactica/Being Human) and it seems like I never get through anything any more because it's just too tempting to start something else.
I know the feeling.

I use to buy a lot of $5 blurays and $2/$3 dvd movies, and $10-$15 tv season sets. A lot of this ended up being stuff that "I think I'll watch someday on a rainy day".

With so many unwatched dvds/blurays on my bookshelves, I eventually got burned out on "collecting" it. I decided to stop regularly buying new movies and tv show season sets, back at the beginning of this year. It didn't make much sense anymore buying dvds/blurays that I only watch once, or didn't watch at all (ie. I'll watch it on a rainy day someday, sorta deal).
I stopped regularly buying DVDs when I got Netflix, but yeah, I have so many that I think "I'll watch again some day" and then never actually want to watch when I go to look at the DVD shelves.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Bob The Skutter is offline   Reply With Quote