View Single Post
Old August 10 2013, 06:43 AM   #217
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Kate Mulgrew - Orange is the New black

Bora, Bora, Bora did have lighter, happier moments than just that hug or need I remind you of a little improvisational acting class called "Scared Straight: The Litchfield Experience"?

Although I chuckled when Poussey and Black Cindy tried to trash talk Alex and PIPER leapt to her feet to insert her body between the black women and her lover... (Alex still isn't used to seeing a BUTCH version of her former hot house flower) the real laughter came when Crazy Eyes joined the proceedings.

Crazy Eyes: Other prisons get to do Shakespeare and shit. I want a role like Desdamona or Ophelia or Claire Huxetable.
Officer Bell: Tell you what...You can play whatever character you want, so long as that character's the stuff of naughty brats' nightmares.
Crazy Eyes: Yeah! I can do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_x81wtgUAo

The knee slapping guffaws came when I saw Piper's face after Black Cindy told the delinquents to beware of Piper because she was a "Stone cold Lesbian." and later when the officer threatened to leave Dina in the prison overnight with "Chapman".

Did you notice how conciliatory Piper was towards the kids and downplaying all the negative aspects of prison life UNTIL she placed her hand on Dina's shoulder and the teen screeched... "DON'T touch me! DYKE, FAGGOT, BITCH!"

THAT did more to ignite Piper than everything the other prisoners and the officer said combined.

I loved Piper's whole smack down of the smug teenager, but the ending was truly awesome.

Piper: ...I can't get through this without somebody to touch, somebody to love. Is that because sex numbs the pain or because I'm some evil fuck monster, I don't know. But I do know that I was somebody before I came in here, I was somebody with a life that I chose for myself, and now...its just about getting through the day without crying. And I'm scared. I'm still scared. I'm scared that I'm not myself in here... and I'm scared that I am. Other people aren't the scariest part of prison Dina.. its coming face to face with who you really are, because once you're behind these walls there's nowhere to run even if you could run. The truth catches up with you in here Dina... and its the TRUTH that will make you her bitch!

When Piper turned and stalked out of the bathroom, she discovers the officers. prisoners and other delinquents all around the corner waiting for her. Its obvious they heard every word as Poussey pronounced... "Damn. You cold." and Piper, as stone cold as she can pretend to be, simply answers... "Bitches gots to learn." Heck, even Crazy Eyes looks like she has a new respect for Dandelion at this point in time.