View Single Post
Old August 10 2013, 01:35 AM   #14
Cinema Geekly
Lieutenant Commander

View Cinema Geekly's Twitter Profile
Re: Untangling the various Trek Universes

CaptainBearclaw wrote: View Post
The slightly more advanced technological look of Enterprise is more akin to the New Earth timeline as opposed to the original.

I am aware of the fact that it was intended to be part of the Prime canon, but frankly it so terribly conveys continuity with those series that to me it makes more sense for it to be an alternate timeline.

For the record, I am a believer that any piece of media is open to individual interpretation once it is released. This is what I think makes sense.
Honestly I think they did the best they could given what the premise was going to be.

It would be nearly impossible to do a prequel show about a series that started decades earlier with absolutely zero idea about films or spin offs. I mean TOS contradicted itself all the time, and was made in an era of one off shows where the episodes are totally unrelated to each other (I think maybe twice in TOS do they ever reference another episode).

And then when the TOS films came out they just retconned all over the place.

Personally I think ENT especially Season 4 did a good job of trying to make sense of 79 random one shot episodes.
Cinema Geekly is offline   Reply With Quote