View Single Post
Old August 9 2013, 08:04 PM   #3720
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I know I've veered into discussion that isn't really about STO, so I apologize for that.

I have actually tried downloading a replacement for the .dll file, even though everything I've read seems to very strongly advise against it. I wish there was a reputable site from which to download it, but I can only find independent sites offering the download. Anyway, the one attempt I made didn't work, and the OS didn't even recognize the new file as even being present in the folder.

My laptop is HP, and sadly the missing file is necessary to even use the HP updater. There is a product key for Windows 7 on the bottom. Thank you Rocketeer, because I stupidly never even thought to look at the bottom. I have a feeling I'm going to have to re-install. Which will be such a pain. I just wish I knew what had caused the corruption of the file so I could avoid doing it again.

I guess I'll just have to treat this like a blessing, getting the chance to clear a lot of crap off my hard drive. Time to make some fresh back-ups of all my personal files!
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote