View Single Post
Old August 9 2013, 05:57 PM   #60
Smellmet
Commander

Re: What you DON'T want to see in Star Trek 3

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
Star Trek is adventure. And politics. And comedy, and romance, and war, and action, etc, etc. It cannot be static an it cannot conform to any one of our preconceived notions as to what it should be. Star Trek is a show about all the above set in the 23rd century on a ship named Enterprise.

I consider Into Darkness a well written film that is certainly the best Trek film put out so far. Did it have problems? Of course, EVERY movie has problems but it didn't matter. It was special to me because it was Star Trek. The fact that we have people who are taking such good care of it shows that we are indeed blessed and are in for a treat come 2016.

What don't I want to see? I don't know. I don't want to see it return to the bland era of the late nineties again. I want it to be as bright and fast and fun as it has been.

Those four men, Abrams, Lindelof, Orci, and Kurtzman have given us our Trek back in spades. Both movies were love letters to us and gave the general audience a true taste of what we have been enjoying.

Trek is back baby.
100% agree with this.

Ovation wrote: View Post
Don't want: any hint, however remote, that this new timeline will be "fixed" in order to merge back to the TOS timeline. Just…no.
And this.

This sums up my hopes for the franchise...
Smellmet is offline   Reply With Quote