View Single Post
Old August 9 2013, 04:39 PM   #213
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Kate Mulgrew - Orange is the New black

Kate speaks!

http://www.webpronews.com/orange-is-...-again-2013-08

Okay, so its not much but she DOES speak!

Here's more Kate...

http://blogs.laweekly.com/squidink/2...is_the_new.php

Loved this...

Even if you've only watched a couple episodes of Netflix's new women-in-prison series, Orange Is the New Black, one fleeting glance at a group shot of the ensemble of Jenji Kohan's comedy-drama based on Piper Kerman's memoir of the same name and you will remember Galina "Red" Reznikov. She's the one with the hard mouth and the permanent don't-mess-with-me expression. She's the one with a New Wave coif that looks like it was achieved with a hedge trimmer.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SI: How about that both favor head-swivelingly distinctive hairstyles? Is that a crazy wig you're wearing on OITNB? </EM>
KM: [mock-insulted] That's my hair! I had to cut it. A wig may have been discussed for maybe a half a second. But even I said to Jenji, "It has to be real." Then it started, the evolution. I had long, thick, light brown hair. By the end of that day, it was spiked and magenta-eggplant red, and that's how it should be. It was short, spiky and it was something that would scream power within prison walls. In prison, colors are beige and orange. Colors are not often seen in prison. Against this canvas is this vivid magenta hair, nails and mouth, and I think Red has earned those colors and stripes.

SI: What kind of reception did your interesting new look get at home?

KM: My boyfriend looked at me -- I think aghast is a good word. I met him at a restaurant that night. He tried to get up from his chair to greet me out of politeness and chivalry. Then he fell back down. He said, "Is it going to be like this ... forever?" I said, [in a Russian accent], "Not if you don't fuck with me, pal."