View Single Post
Old August 9 2013, 04:03 PM   #28
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Generations references

Peach Wookiee wrote: View Post
Of course, the Borg would probably have disabled the ability of the ship to separate.
LaForge: "We can't separate."

Picard: "What?"

LaForge: "The Berman latches have been hard-locked by the Borg We have no way to break their encryption."

There are several things that happen during or because of Generations that I wonder how they would be affected by the D not being destroyed... Data's emotion chip would surely have still happened, but LaForge's eyes? Worf's transfer?

Worf: "I have just received new orders from Admiral Berman to report to Deep Space Nine for reassignment."

I still think blowing up the D, then using Kirk to hit a reset button where the D is not destroyed, would have satisfied having a fancy explosion and crash sequence, while keeping the D and the accompanying TNG feel. Twould have been a good fakeout too. I was not particularly surprised that they destroyed it.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote