View Single Post
Old August 9 2013, 04:54 AM   #1148
JD
Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

bbjeg wrote: View Post
Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Your suggested method for him escaping his fate is that he ran away from a psychic capable of disintegrating him faster than she could blink? Uh.

I guess when he drops his glasses and there was no sign of his optical blast doing any damage, he was just *really* fast in covering his eyes, too? Who knew Cyclops could give Quicksilver a run for his money...
I was thinking more along the lines of: Phoenix tries to kill Scott, Jean ports him to safety without her knowing it, and they both think they've killed him.
I was thinking of something like this. It's a superhero movie, there are a lot of possibilities. Besides isn't it a general rule that a character isn't really dead unless we see a body? We never actually saw him die, we saw his face start to look weird, we saw his glasses floating without him around, and then Jean was sad because she thought she killed him. And there are even times where see or think we see a body and their not dead. At this point I've learned not to rule anything out with 100% certainty.