View Single Post
Old August 9 2013, 04:29 AM   #45
JD
Admiral

Re: Gotham PD show in "Nolanverse" being developed by the WB

I'll admit when I read the first couple posts of the thread I was skeptical, but as I think about this more it has potential. There seem to be plenty of police characters in the Batman comics that could be used in the show, and there are quite a few villains who would be easy to adapt into the Nolanverse that we never saw in the movies. With the most obvious ones (to me at least) being Penguin, The Riddler, and Black Mask. And there even some of the more fantastic ones would be easy to adapt in a similar style to what Arrow did with Vertigo and Firefly. For instance Poison Ivy could just become a bioterrorist who uses toxins, and Clayface could just be a master of disguise.
Actually I just looked him up and the first Clayface wasn't even a shapeshifter, he was an actor who wore a mask for a character called Clayface. So they could just do a direct adaptation of that storyline with no real changes.
I do think a show set in a more fantastic version of Gotham, with a part-plant/plant controling Poison Ivy and a shapeshifting Clayface could be a lot of fun, but this isn't totally without potential.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote