View Single Post
Old August 9 2013, 12:28 AM   #57
Jeyl
Commodore

Re: Was Beverly a waste of space?

I've been on the fence about this issue, until I watched the episode "Suddenly Human".

TROI: He needs to re-discover his identity, make some connection with his roots.
PICARD: I agree. Do what you can to accomplish that, Counsellor.
TROI: I don't think I can do anything, Captain.
PICARD: Why not?
CRUSHER: Troi's right. It's very clear that the boy does not respond well to women.
Wooooooow. It's one thing to be on the receiving end of matters your character has no control over, but it's entirely another when on the subject of gender, you are in complete agreement that women shouldn't be able to tackle an issue for no other reason outside of the fact that both of you are women. This isn't some alien kid either. This is a human kid who is about to be reunited with a "female" relative. Yet when Picard decides he doesn't want to do this assignment, Troi literally calls him out on it for being out of character. So if women say they can't do something because they're women, everyone is in complete agreement. But when Picard says he doesn't want to do it because he really doesn't want to do it, he's called out on it.

I am four episodes*into Season 4 and so far Crusher has done nothing but remove Borg bits from Picard, talk non-stop about Wesley and his father and spout bad jokes to sick children. You are definitely a waste of space.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote