View Single Post
Old August 8 2013, 09:46 PM   #5
Smellmet
Commander

Re: No real match for Enterprise refit/Ent-A in the TOS movies?

I agree with everything you've said, but we are talking about the battles in this thread, and I do love to see my favorite ship in action. I do however enjoy seeing Enterprise in just about any given scenario, doesn't have to be in battle - going to warp, for instance (best one is the first one in TWOK for me), and the flyby/launch in TMP are amongst my favorite scenes in the entire franchise. My point is, that the Star Trek universe has painted a number of civilizations that have armadas of hundreds of massive ships - civilizations that sometimes don't get on too great, I don't think it's too much of an ask to see a war kick off big time for once - DS9 Dominion style.

Like I said in my first post I love the cerebral sci-fi side of Trek, but I think in the main that works best on the small screen (Season 7 of DS9 excepted of course), the movies are where I want to see a bigger more exciting 'event' so to speak, as that is what the big screen is for, TMP is a clear exception to that rule however, but for me that's what makes Trek so great in my opinion, the things that different people take from it is so diverse, some people are all about the characters, some the science, the ships, the list goes on...
Smellmet is offline   Reply With Quote