View Single Post
Old August 8 2013, 09:37 PM   #37
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Gotham PD show in "Nolanverse" being developed by the WB

I don't know. I want to like this idea, but it's not really doing anything for me. It is set in the Nolan continuity, but it seems highly unlikely any of the characters we actually know or care about will be in it. Being set between TDK and TDKR kind of limits what they can do, since we all know how things have to play out, especially if they do use Commissioner Gordon and John Blake (even if recast with different actors). Although on the other hand, that period does span something like eight years which even if the show is a raging success there's a slim chance it'll surpass that length.

So as it stands, unless they do recast Gordon and Blake as I doubt Gary Oldman or JGL will agree to star in the show, it'll likely star brand new characters, or are there police characters from the comics they could use? Then, obviously no Batman, one wonders why bother doing a cop show about Gotham anyway?

Still, I guess it sounds better than the legal drama about Bruce Wayne's lawyers I joke about occasionally.