View Single Post
Old August 8 2013, 07:23 PM   #64
Mr. Spook
Rear Admiral

Re: "The Trouble With Tribbles" is the most overrated episode of TOS..

TOSalltheway wrote: View Post
TRIBBLES SUCKS !!
Nah, it doesn't. It's not my favorite episode, but it's far from the bottom of the list of good episodes.

I am a die hard Trek fan and have been for 40 years
I've clocked 41. Not that length of time watching the series has any bearing on this....

but this episode is just embarrassing. Some episodes have grand intentions but flop ( Alternative factor, etc. ) but Tribbles just sucks.
Still waiting to hear specifics. "Sucks" and "bad" don't shed any light on why you have such a violent hatred of this episode.

People who like this episode likely feel that "Three's Company" is the epitome of the comedic art.
I like this episode. I don't like Three's Company. So, wrong again. By the way, insulting people does not count as explaining why you don't like this episode. It's certainly not the best method of getting people to side with you.

Its BAD, poorly written, schlocky, bad. Yes cut pieces of fabric are adorable but it is BAD.
Okay, getting closer to something here (although saying "bad" twice in the same sentence is cheating). However, it's not poorly written. You might not find it funny, which is fine, but it's obviously a well constructed episode by a writer with a firm grasp of the series and characters. You can dislike something without it being bad. For example, I hate I Love Lucy, but I respect it for the classic it is.

William Campbell was brilliant as Trelane but does anyone for a moment take him seriously as a fierce warrior Klingon ?
I take him seriously as a Klingon who's duplicitous and who has nothing to gain by being belligerent. Not all Klingon's have to be identical.

Hey, lets end the episode with a pun, brilliant.
And this differs from every other episode that ended with the crew having a laugh exactly how?

This episode tries too hard to be cute and it is BAD.

BAD BAD BAD
Continually repeating the word BAD is no substitute for a compelling argument and it's very hard to take that sort of review seriously. I maintain that this is not a bad episode. You just don't like it. Which is fine.