View Single Post
Old August 8 2013, 02:46 PM   #18
Christopher
Writer

Re: Gotham PD show in "Nolanverse" being developed by the WB

I've heard good things about Gotham Central, and often thought a show based on that premise would be a good idea. The problem is that what makes that premise interesting is that it's about how ordinary cops deal with living in a world of superheroes and supervillains. Not sure how that would work in the Nolanverse.

AviTrek wrote: View Post
The general population doesn't care about continuity and shared universes. They just want to watch a fun show/movie. The only people complaining about something confusing the audience are the comic book continuity nerds who claim other people will be confused.
Exactly. I don't understand these comments about the Nolan continuity being "superceded" or erased or whatever and therefore not being valid anymore. New interpretations of a work of fiction don't annihilate the older ones; they can easily coexist. After all, I think some people are overlooking that Batman is originally a comic-book character, and the comics continuity continued to exist while the Nolan movies presented their own -- and while other Batman continuities existed in animation. This isn't a zero-sum game where there's only room for one continuity at a time -- hell, it hasn't been that since Batman guest-starred on the Superman radio series in the 1940s! So really, I'm bewildered that anyone would think that's a problem.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote