View Single Post
Old August 7 2013, 10:44 PM   #869
James

Re: Starship Size Argument™ thread

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
James wrote: View Post
This has to do with the size of the ship. Ok I'll be more specific, you know how the Star Destroyer is the same size right? Well if they are both the same size why is the Vengeance's bridge window big on the hull while the ISD's bridge window is tiny on the hull. Here are a couple of pictures for reference. I highlight the bridge area in green on the QMX model.

You might want to take a look at the QMx Enterprise model before you start using their Vengeance as proof of anything. As cool as it is, it's not particularly accurate - there is no bridge window and there are windows on the secondary hull and hatches in the saucer which aren't on the CG model seen in the film.

Furthermore, it's from the scale on QMx model that we get the 4800ft size figure from!

My question is this: Why would they lie? What on Earth do they have to gain by pretending their starships are one size while really making them much smaller? How does this ridiculous conspiracy you're suggesting help them?

Oh, and here's a pic of the Vengeance's bridge window from the movie.

That's actually the domed crescent design reflecting sunlight. The window is just below that, as marked by my green line. The 4500 foot quote was from an issue of Cinefex and they aren't lying per se they are just being really sloppy about the technical data. I know what a 1500 meter ship looks like and this isn't one of them.