View Single Post
Old August 7 2013, 09:41 PM   #565
TJ Sinclair
Captain

Re: Last Classic Who Story you watched

Let's see... Since I last posted here, I've seen The Ribos Operation, Remembrance of the Daleks and Terror of the Autons. All of them for the first time.

Ribos was fun, and reminded me of how much I prefer Romana I over Romana II. Mary Tamm's not only prettier, but she's the better actress, IMO.

Terror of the Autons was another good one. I realize the Master's schemes were the overarching "plot" of that season, but it would have been nice to get a little glimpse of why he wanted to destroy humanity in the episode. But regardless, Delgado made a good, sinister counterpart for Pertwee's Doctor. And Jo's kinda fun, she was a nice change of pace from Liz Shaw. I hadn't seen any episodes with her, except The Three Doctors, since I was a kid. Katy Manning's energy makes up for the awkward writing. She's no Sarah Jane or Leela, though.

And Remembrance... I'm so glad I finally saw it. Bloody flipping brilliant that was, all around. Seven and Ace is one of the best Doctor-Companion combinations of the classic show.

After watching Autons last night, I decided to begin a rewatch of NuWho leading up to the 50th. So after break for a late dinner, we watched Rose and The End of the World. TEotW is probably my favorite Davies-penned episode, and it's been a few years since I've seen it. Felt good.