View Single Post
Old August 7 2013, 08:35 PM   #868
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Starship Size Argument™ thread

James wrote: View Post

I did this just for spite, it can't hurt right.
Well, maybe a little.

James, you came into this thread asking if you'd get flamed for disagreeing with the 725-meter Enterpise length. You were assured that wasn't going to happen, and it hasn't.

You say you've provided evidence which proves your point(s), yet what little evidence you've actually posted does nothing to support your claims. Your arguments are so disorganized—skipping from one topic to another to another within a single paragraph—that trying to read them is frustrating, to put it mildly, and many of your statements don't even agree with each other. At the same time, you've dismissed or called wrong much more detailed, better-organized and substantial evidence offered by others, but you offer nothing more substantial in return. You "see what people were talking about when they mentioned hostility shown towards classic trek fans from new trek fans," when it's been demonstrated over and over again that the "old fans/new fans" thing holds no water - it's a complete fairy tale.

So what are you about here, James? You been dismissive, defensive, accusatory, not a little rude... and you've proven exhaustively that you've got little beyond "I refuse to accept" and "It doesn't look that way to me."

So here's an idea: why not take a deep breath, and just walk away? This has been getting you nowhere. Settle back and read for a bit. Or try out a different forum, for a change, and see what people are talking about there?