View Single Post
Old August 7 2013, 08:34 AM   #58
TJ Sinclair
Captain

Re: As for the Master

sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
Craig did not play a "brainless tough guy" in Sylvia, Archangel, or The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I haven't seen every movie the guy has done but I'm sure there are other examples.

I can see him as a cold, calculating, dangerous Master with a dry wit. You can't because you're biased. It's as simple as that.
I'm not biased, I'm going with what I've seen. Sharpe, The Ice House, Layer Cake, Elizabeth, Road to Perdition, Munich, Infamous, Our Friends In the North, The Golden Compass, Defiance, Cowboys & Aliens, and his Bond films.

But I haven't seen the three films you mention, just as you haven't seen the two I mentioned with Michael Caine. I asked several times for you to name films where he wasn't playing a "tough guy." If he's not playing a role like in Layer Cake or Bond, I'll be happy to give them a chance. I always gave Archangel a pass because I read the book, and the movie seemed like a watered-down, generic spy film adaptation. Dragon Tattoo's been on my list for reasons other than Craig, just haven't gotten around to it.

So, I'll give them a watch soon, and see if I can picture him in a more thoughtful role than he's shown in the majority of his film career.